Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sprout Builder



For our social media and pr class that we are taking, we were asked to make a web video discussing an issue. I decided to do some research on how to make a video because I had never made one before. I had a feeling that I would struggle with this because I have never been that good at making technology work in my favor. With that being said, my friend told me that SproutBuilder.com was a easy website to use for the beginner. I got onto their website and easily learned how to make my web video which will be up on my blog on Tuesday. I learned that making a web video was not as hard as it sounds and I actually had a really good time making mine. It allowed for me to broaden my horizons in the technology world. I definitely recommend using SproutBuilder.com. It allows for you to create a screenname and password and then allows for you to paste pictures onto slides. You can also add music and edit the whole presentation in any order that you prefer. The website also has a blog that allows for people to post the different techniques that they used in their media content which is very helpful. So if you plan on making a video of any type, I recommend using SproutBuilder.com.

2 comments:

melwilltell said...

I'm glad you found a site that worked for you! After signing up for a couple, I realized that jumpcut.com was the one that was easiest and most convenient for me to use. I think I'll actually use it again at some point to make videos of family or even another social issue that I feel strongly about. I'm really glad that we were able to do this in class because I have a feeling I would've never been exposed to it otherwise!

Sherry Mauch said...

I also found sproutbuilder really easy to use and figure out. I am known for being really bad at technology stuff, so I was really proud of myself for doing this all on my own, and I think it will be very useful knowledge to have in whatever career I undertake. I only wish I would have been able to figure out how to end the video properly. I have still been trying to figure this out and I actually got a comment on my video from one of the marketing people at sprout and he said he would help me. So I will let you know what I find out!