Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Second Life?


When we watched the Second Life video in class on Tuesday, I thought that it was somewhat bizzare to be completely honest. I understand the concept of Second Life and I think it is a very good concept. I like how one can conduct a class through Second Life and learn virtually. I think that it is creepy though that random people can actually create a "virtual world". In this virtual world, Professor was saying that someone can actually get raped and that studies show that the victim can actually feel the same emotional pain that one would feel if the were physically raped. I think that this concept is extremely weird! I think that the idea of Second Life is a good one, but I also think that maybe their should be more restrictions on the actions that one can perform on this "virtual world."

2 comments:

davalos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
davalos said...

I understand the whole Second Life thing, but having someone actually raped in that virtual world is just too much.
I mean, who would actually want to rape someone in a virtual world?! That's so sickening. Won't that encourage others to do it in the real world? I don't know this whole technology world is getting just a little too intense.
I thought adding wings, cat ears, and stripes to a character on Second Life were fun , but raping someone, i dunno that's a different story.