Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Celebrity Blogs


When Professor Weisgerber asked our class if anyone looked at blogs, I did not realize it at the time but I look at a couple everyday. I am not proud of the fact that I look at celebrity gossip almost everyday on the internet, but unfortunately it is a guilty pleasure that I have. There are two celebrity blogs that I look at all the time: The Superficial and Perez Hilton. I chose to write about these two blogs because I do not think that people normally would look at them as being blogs.

People have become obsessed with looking at Perez Hilton's blog everyday. He is practically a PR blog for celebrities, bringing them into the spotlight and showing pictures of their everyday life on his website. He usually makes an obscene remark about the celebrities and their lives but he is famous for that exactly.

I always wonder though if the celebrities get mad about what he is saying about them or if they do not care because he is giving them another oppurtunity to be in the news. Whether it is good PR or not, they are in the spotlight none the less.

http://www.thesuperficial.com/

http://www.perezhilton.com/

It is interesting how many blogs The Superficial has to itself. They pretty much have blogs about everything including the stars make-up, clothing, gossip, couples, sightings and all kinds of other stuff. I think what Perez HIlton does is very hilarious because he is not afraid to say things that other people would be scared to say. So I guess after all this time, my pre-judgements about blogging are now over.

No comments: